Whether it is your desk at work or your entire home, having all your things in a constant state of disorder can have a direct impact on how frazzled or stressed you are throughout the day. This form of mental stress does no good to your body. On the other hand, it is found that a clean and odour-free place can significantly help you psychologically while improving your physical and mental productivity.
What everyday clutter can do to you?
- Studies have shown that cluttered kitchens, work-spaces or homes make you much more prone to not paying your bills on time.
- People with messy homes tend to waste more time looking for everyday essentials such as cell phones, wallets, keys, the remote, shoes, etc.
- Clutter tends to make your life a lot more fragmented, and you more forgetful.
- A messy room is screaming out to be cleaned and your brain will drain you even before you get started.
In addition, the cleanliness level of your home defines who you are as an individual. The following are the psychological effects of a clean space –
• Reduced stress levels
Both the act of cleaning as well as maintaining a clean home can help relieve stress and prevent it from occurring. Finding things will be a lot easier. Furthermore, simple acts of sweeping, doing your dishes regularly and making your bed will allow you to open doors to visitors 24*7, which contributes in stress busting.
• Improved overall mental State
The physical movement of completing a task can prove to be extremely satisfying for most of us. Regular cleaning is an excellent way to get rid of built-up frustration, anger and anxiety.
Finally, clutter is also considered to be a hindrance in creativity. The moment you clean your home, you will find that you are a lot more creative in everything you do.